Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside - Updated

Yes, it's a dry cold, but I'll happily have it warm up any time.

It's one of those days our former bishop used to describe as "so bitter that only the aged and infirm can make it to church."

Despite that, we had a decent turnout this morning.

Tonight's Blue Christmas service was advertised in the paper (both in the church section and in a larger ad by the movie listings) and as a Facebook event. I'm hoping for a good turnout.

In the meantime:

In the film Neptune's Daughter (if I recall the plot correctly), Ricardo Montalban and Red Skelton are brothers (I know, that makes me wonder if I do remember) and Esther Williams and Betty Garrett (not the retired priest of this diocese) are sisters. While Montalban is desperately trying to seduce Williams, the roles are reversed for Skelton and Garrett. Neptune's Daughter marks the first performance of a seasonal standard, Baby, it's Cold Outside. It's actually performed twice, the semi-serious Montalban - Williams version setting the stage for the hilarious Skelton - Garrett version.


Montalban - Williams



Skelton - Garrett

No comments: