In this post, he copies unconfirmed tweets, including this very disturbing one:
I emphasize, this is NOT confirmed.
2.31 pm. Canadians, call your foreign office. It's confirmed Canadian Embassy rejects injured protesters
That said, it is a very disturbing report.
We are advised, in Matthew, that we will be judged on how we have responded to those in need - the hungry, the thirsty, the sick and the suffering.
I fail to see who could be in greater need than those who are being done to death by their own government.
Our Minister of Foreign Affairs in the Honourable Lawrence Cannon - email him (CannoL@parl.gc.ca). Lawrence Cannon is the grandson of Chubby Power - the last Canadian Liberal prepared to stick to his principles. (He resigned from Mackenzie King's cabinet over conscription.) One hopes his grandson might be prepared to listen to a principled argument.
While you are at it, email:
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper (HarpeS@parl.gc.ca),
- Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff (IgnatM@parl.gc.ca),
- Liberal Foreign Affairs Critic Bob Rae (RaeB@parl.gc.ca),
- NDP Leader Jack Layton (LaytoJ@parl.gc.ca),
- NDP Foreign Affairs Critic Paul Dewar (DewarP@parl.gc.ca),
- Bloc Quebecois Leader Gilles Duceppe (DucepG@parl.gc.ca) and
- Bloc Foreign Affairs Critic Francine Lalonde (LalonF@parl.gc.ca).
And don't forget to include your own Member of Parliament.
Look with pity, O heavenly Father, upon those who live with injustice, terror, disease, and death as their constant companions. Have mercy upon us and help us to eliminate cruelty wherever it is found. Strengthen those who seek freedom, justice and equality for all. Amen.