Thursday, March 6, 2014

Already behind on my Lenten discipline

Having concluded that I need to be more disciplined about blogging, I decided that the thing I would "take on" for Lent would be to blog every day. Well, I haven't gone to bed yet, but technically this post is going up after Ash Wednesday is over. Sigh.

The Dean and I did Ashes 2 Go today. This is our third time taking the Ash Wednesday liturgy (or at least an excerpt of the liturgy) into the street. This year we did it at the end of the day instead of the beginning, and we did it at the south transept door of the Cathedral where there is a bus stop. Overall we found that the response of passers by was more relaxed and more positive, and we had what was probably the deepest single encounter of the several we've had over the three attempts.

That plus two full Ash Wednesday liturgies in the parish, along with several other commitments, made for a full day.  The evening version of my Ash Wednesday sermon can be heard here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking up your blog again for Lent. I was missing your ruminations. Louise